Monday, June 27, 2016

Earth Humanoids & Ancient Aliens

I have been thinking about ideas I would like to express regarding one of the latest History Channel and cyberspace fads, the topic of ancient aliens. Just to be clear, I think we will one day discover some form of alien life, but I do not think aliens are responsible for early human civilizations and all the technologies needed to create such a society. I think humans in certain geographical zones will eventually develop a basic civilization given time and stability. I will talk more about ancient alien arguments some other time, but I wanted to lay out some very basic ideas regarding one idea which ancient alien apologetics like to proclaim. It is the idea that homosapien exists because ancient aliens came to earth and bred with hominids which resulted in the formation of our own species. The movie 'Prometheus' uses this idea, but it is difficult for many, from what I read, to understand the backstory at the beginning of the film. I thought it was quite clear, but I already knew about the theory, and I was able to make the connection. Ancient alien enthusiasts like to theorize that the aliens created us, a sub-species, in order to make slaves out of us or for some biological reason.

The one area where ancient alien ideas are noticeably real: the entertainment and book industry.

Here are my recent Tweets on the subject:

If #AncientAliens bred w/ earth hominid, they would have related DNA, which means they were not alien. The argument requires genetic-sci.

The Ancient Alien argument seems to attempt to fill the gap necessitated by the question "why are we the only ones like ourselves?"

Anthropology answers the question "why are we the only ones like ourselves" by showing that there were other species similar to us.

Other species like us existed in the past. They bred together until homosapien became the dominate type - others died out.

Some humans have #Neanderthal DNA, there are others who do not. #ForExample

No comments:

Post a Comment